Here is a descpription I got from the great Scat:
Entropy (or "Hyle" or "Vis-A-Vis") by Eric Solomon
1. One player is order, the other chaos
2. First, chaos moves by drawing a disc from the bag and placing it on
3. Next, order moves by sliding any disc in play in a straight line,
horizontally or vertically (no diagonals) as far as he likes - but not
onto or past another piece.
4. Players repeat steps 2 and 3 until the board is full.
5. Order scores points for each reversible sequence of colours (see
6. Order and chaos swap roles, and play again.
7. Compare the scores to see who wins.
Example of scoring (5x5 game):
A reversible sequence of 2 scores 2 points, 3 scores 3 points, etc. All
sequences score, so RRR scores RR(2)+RR(2)+RRR(3) = 7 points.
R G B Y R
R R R G G
W Y W Y W
B G Y G B
W B B W Y
RGBYR scores 0
RRRGG scores RR+RR+RRR+GG = 9
WYWYW scores WYW+YWY+WYW+WYWYW = 14
BGYGB scores GYG+WGYGW = 8
WBBWY scores BB+WBBW = 6
RRWBW scores RR+WBW = 5
GRYGB scores 0
BRWYB scores 0
YGYGW scores YGY+GYG = 6
RGWBY scores 0
Total: 48 points for order.
The page was updated april 15, 2001
The number of hylers on this page: