- Still love her :)... hates school :)
- Mmmmm... I really love my girlfriend :)
- Added an additional function to a command to be able to change the head/body priority.
- Nothing yet...
- Working on an extended version of the in-game dialogue language.
- Included some code to the text window to show the long-due headimage :)
- Improved the headImage-routines to include different 'moods'
- Adding some more things to the user-preferences.
- Fixed the 'wait vbl flash' bug.
- Working on the 'wait vbl' bug...
- Fixed a small bug in the Sampleroutines... and still one to go....
- Optimised some routines and added 'Are you sure?' to some.
- I've meet a wonderful little woman who occupies most of my time right now, happy happy.
- Finished the RND-Sample routines....works great!
- Included the 'mumble soundsystem' to make characters 'talk' with different pitch and volume.
- SystemIII now allocates a new stack if the one supplied is to small, instead of just complaining.
- Added a few 'lockup-counters' to stop some CPU-hungry routines from stealing to much time and disrupting the game.
- Updated the Installer-script to include MagicWB-icons....does anyone use NewIcons?
- Included some Chipmem-saving routines. One includes closing the Workbench.
- Optimised frequently accessed routines.
- Found a odd bug that affected the music....strange....
- Reworked all textdisplays to output shadowed text in the windows. Looks great!
- Guidedocument is as good as done.
- Found a small memoryleak bug...
- Ran the game on a 2Mb system and noticed that SystemIII took, at most, 950kb of memory! That leaves me with at least 500kb memory to play with :)
- 4xSpeedup in the 'calculate walkpath'-routine....... It seems to work too! :)
- 50xSpeedup in the 'find closest walkpos' (Lost about 600 mulu instructions :)
- I'm getting my 68040 40Mhz 16Mb card tomorrow!! :):):)
- Found a graphics bug in one room that only seems to exist when running on a really fast CPU. :(
- Added some miscellaneous commands.
- Debugged all 'timetravel'-routines.
- Fixed the reading of startup arguments and tooltypes, to support the 'nosound' and 'nomusic' setting.
- Started writing on the Amigaguide document.
- Learned how to write installer-scripts, and started writing one.
- Guide reached 35 Kb.
- First installerscript works (Yesssss!!).
- Started working on the roomloadingbuffers.
- Included dynamic loadbuffers, so if you have an extra Meg, you can buffer a whole timeperiod :).
- Fixed some misc bugs in the musicloading- and scaleimageroutines.
- Started work on RandomSampleRoutine, to use with backgroundsounds & mumbling.
- Joke of the month: I had a friend who tried to make the mouse move, by writing to the HW-mouseregisters! :):) (I hear it's included in Windows 98, to get better control over the user... ;)
- Fixed two nasty memory-overwrite bugs.
- Added some additional commands to support some goofy animations.
- Optimised codeinterpreter on often-used commands.
- Rewrote the protracker musicroutines when I found a lot of bugs in those I had.
- Added some code to only unpack the song to be played, and keep the others packed to save diskspace and memory.
- Added a bunch of commands to support music.
- Finished the music routines.
- Planning to redo the Instrumentlayout and add optional lossy pre-deltapacking to the instruments. (Modules have never been so small! :)
- Reworked the dialogueroutines to support changes of dialogues in other rooms than the one you're in.
- Found and fixed the longest standing bug in the game!! (A graphic bug where the head sometimes separated from the body by one line.)
- Failed the first timetravelattempts. :(
- Added another three commands.
- Fixed the mirror routines to handle the smooth turning.
- Started chewing on the music routines.
- Debugged the LoopSample routines.
- Fixing a lot of small stuff.
- Added another two commands.
- Fixed smoother turning.
- It's now possible to skip ahead in dialogues.
- Increased the amount of mousezones per character.
- Fixed Flux&Fade Volume when walking and zooming.
- Giving the 'UserCopperList' another chance.
- Big speed-up when calculating walkpaths.
- Added 8 new commands.
- Found a surprisingly large amount of bugs :)
- dialogue routines seems to be working OK.
- Removed some routines never used.
- Made the character shadow-fading routines.
- Also made the walk soundFX routine.
- Project slowdown due to me working, and my main graphic artist buying a PC.
- Updated the dialogue routines.
- Updated some commands to handle timed delays.
- Got my InterNet connection.
- Added some more commands.
- Updated a lot of routines.
- Some speed-ups & fixes.
- Started on the dialogue routines.
- Made some speed-ups.
- Added some commands and conditional checks.
- Made some cleanups and fixes.
- First demo version released.
- Made the 'goof-text' routines, so the Hero would say something, instead of nothing.
- Made the Prefs window.
- Also made an external data loading routine.
- Included a scoring system.
- Included another 23 commands.
- Made a flip and a zoom routine with cache.
- Also made the 'mission' routines, so the Hero would walk to an object.
- Made the mouse zone routines.
- Started work on the soundFX routines.
- Included more commands.
- Nearly killed my self over those bloody compression routines.
- Made everything display on screen, so I could get my graphic artist to work.
- Started work on the text windows. Included over 10 blitter routines to do the fast drawing.
- Removed some routines never used.
- Got the in-game programming language to work, and included the first commands.
- Made the 'point to point' walking file format, and the 'find shortest way' routines.
- Made the commandmenu.
- After some research I started working on my own compression routines.
- Missed Santa flying over our house.....again.
- Fixed and included some blitter routines into the graphics-drawing routines.
- Updated the error-handling system to give me more detailed information.
- Made the walking&turning routines.
- Started work on the in-game language.
- Made the inventory icons unpack while being drawn on screen.
- Drew some panel backgrounds on my own.
- Made my own blitter routines to draw the icons on the background without flicker.
- Made more blitter routines to speed up certain images.
- Updated the loading routines so loading a room was possible (You still couldn't see anything on screen).
- Got some graphics,...not much, but some...
- Started working on the inventorypanel routines.
- Started working on SystemIII again. (Hmmm, what was this routine suppose to do !? :)
- Stopped working on the Dune clone when I realised that I was the only one still doing anything.
(People loves the idea of making a game, but the joy quickly vanishes when they realise how much work there has to be done.
- This seems to be especially true when it comes to graphic artists :)
- Due to the shortout in the graphics department, I put SystemIII on ice and started work on a DuneII clone.
- Noticed that I wasn't getting any graphics....:(
- Finished most of the file formats and loading routines.
- Finished most of the low-level routines and the startup routines.
- Had some trouble using standard OS screens, had to make my own copper list to handle fade, flash, scroll and the 'one line' separation between screens.
- Started work on the editor in AMOS.
- Slowly started on SystemIII.
- Started learning assembler.
- Included some new graphics.
- My main graphic artist also got himself a girlfriend :).
- Got some sketches.
- Finished another chapter off the storyline.
- Did some work on next demoversion.
- Included last room of the Indian-village.
- Fixed millions of small details everywhere in the second timeperiod.
- Continued the work on the second timeperiod, linking and completing some more rooms.
- Got more graphics. Some new rooms and some of the Intro-sequence... Fun fun! :)
- Yes! I got the complete Indian-village today :)... better start including the graphics into the game...
- Failed to get hold of my graphician so we could complete the demoversion :(
- Got some new panelbackgrounds.. hmmm... to many colours... I'll have to steal some from the inventoryicons :\
- Some more music... sounds nice! :)
- Got the first 'mood' headicons, and included them into the demo.
- Linked together more rooms in timeperiod two, and some additional work to make the rooms more complete.
- Almost all backgrounds in period two complete, and some animations.
- Got some new rooms... excellent!! :)
- Got a huge amount of headicons :)
- Included dialogue headicons in every room necessary.
- Fixed some Dialogues in the next demo.
- Fixed another two rooms.
- Linked the 'Westernrooms' together and fixed the roomnumbers at the same time.
- Fixed some animations in timeperiod two (Western).
- Worked out another big chunk of the storyline.
- Started transferring the dialogs to the demo.
- Included another four rooms.
- Graphics-speedups in rooms with lots of graphics.
- I LOVE graphics!!!.... another three rooms included :)
- Some additional graphics... another two rooms included! This is FUN! :)
- Fixed intro-sequence for the second timeperiod... and another room :)
- We've made another big piece on the storyline.
- Some more graphics dropped in...
- I'm drowning in graphics!!!... I've recived more than 1Mb of new graphics! :)
- We are among the Newssection on the AmigaFlame page.
- Got all the remaning graphics for the next demoversion.
- Included some of it.... Now I really have to pass this oral examination at school :(
- Celebrated my own birthday...... alone once again :(
- Had a fun idea: Put togehter a 'The making of In Shadow of Time' video :)
- Completed the last room of the demo, and thus the last of the animations.
- Reworked these WWW-pages. Included frames among other things.
- Still waiting for some graphics....any graphics.
- Got some graphics...included...Demo deadline pushed forward to 2010, Just to be on the safe side. :)
- I'm left without any graphics once again. The only thing they do draw are logos. :(
- Maybe it's time to learn how to draw my own graphics... :)
- Did some work on the second timeperiod.
- Added the five rooms I had laying around to the second timeperiod.
- My main graphic artist seems to have disappeared, but has been replaced by his sister. She doesn't draw much, but who cares...:)
- My graphic artist redrew some of the demo-animations, now all I have to do is include them.....(boring...boring...)
- Played through the whole game for the first time. :)
- I had an encounter with my graphic artist's vicious dog. I lived...As of now, the dog is a part of the game, as is his sister. :) (Not the dogs sister, that is...)
- Got a bunch of discs with graphics for the next demoversion, most reworks :\
- Got a couple of 'dialogueexpressions' to use in the dialogues when Tadpole gets irritated, confused, stuck-up or horny.... No, not really! :).
- Got the first piece of music for the game.
- HA HA Denna rad är på svenska, så ni som inte kan läsa detta tror säkert att det står nåågot viktigt här!!! HA HA Jag är gud...GUD! :)
- HEM HEM Itsemá lêpper nu sum mûest, rebre missatges després ajuda servidor crear d'usuari sistema raó per canviat el retirat!!! HEM HEM Ed moderat cosa...COSA! :)
- Does this month never end? :)
- Work has begun on an intro and a logo.
- We changed from 'Contrast' to 'Shadow Elks'.
- Changed the rooms that was supposed to go into the next demoversion. (Again :)
- Upperfloor of ICO almost done.
- Added more graphics to the upperfloor office in ICO, now with over 500k animations.
- Widened the outsideview of ICO to account for some extra graphics. Small rework of doors to gain more speed.
- Got and included the graphics for the 'supermarket' in ICO.
- Rewrote the dialogues after the rework of the dialogueroutines.
- Got some more graphics dated 1800 AD.
- Final touchups on next demoversion.
- We were among the News-section in the Swedish Amiga magazine 'AmigaInfo'.
- Got A LOT of new graphics, around 35 IFF-anims full of animations.
- Fixed more on the rooms to be included in the next demoversion.
- Fixed more on the rooms, that's NOT to be included in the next demo. :)
- Only days from a new demoversion.
- Added three new rooms
- Made the first 'moving' character.
- Almost all of the maincharacter movements are finished.
- Remake of main character.
- Most rooms are now finished 'graphicly', only text remains.
- Only one room left in first time period.
- Got the second room from the other artist.
- Still trying to get a demo together.
- Got a lot of anims and frames.
- Some rooms are near completion.
- 20 rooms.
- Trying to get a demo together.
- Included the character shadow-routines in every room.
- Fixed a lot of the texts in the game.
- Added some big animations.
- 18 rooms.
- Wrote another dialogue.
- Only 2-3 rooms left on first part.
- Got another very big animation.
- Temporary slowdown in the graphics department due to my friend getting a PC, and me needing some logos for these pages.
- Found an additional graphics-artist.
- 16! rooms.
- My friend wrote the first dialogue (with the boy outside home).
- Made another time-delayed door inside the mall.
- Fixed another mirror effect.
- Started on timeperiod two story.
- Got some more character anims. Looked like s**t!
- Lucky owner of 12 rooms.
- Got a major animation to use in a hamburger restaurant.
- Made a time-delayed door in front of the mall.
- Fixed a cool dog in gun's & ammo shop.
- Now got 7 rooms.
- Didn't have time to fix my beautiful bird.
- First timeperiod story done.
- Got a demo version together.
- First demo release.
- Got 5 rooms now.
- Wrote most of the object texts.
- Replaced most of my temporary graphics.
- Got the drawer in room one to work.
- Fixed a mirror reflection in room 2
- Got another room (outside home).
- Started drawing on a map (and a very advanced bird :).
- Got the graphics for the next two room (hallway and kitchen).
- Got some new frames of the main character.
- Got some inventoryicons and some graphics.
- Work on first room started (the bedroom).